Organisation: Ratiu Forum
Location: Romania and Moldova
The Ratiu Forum, a partnership between LSE IDEAS (London School of Economics) and the Ratiu Family Charitable Foundation, is now accepting applications for the Journalism Mentorship Programme.
- Stimulate skills development among early-career journalists through strategic sessions (online, one-on-one and in-person) on key competencies needed for professional journalism and investigative work, such as pitching, writing, and investigative skills.
- Introduce journalists to cutting-edge topics such as the war in Ukraine, propaganda and disinformation, gender politics, and the state of democracy in Eastern Europe.
- Support young journalists in producing journalistic content on issues of particular relevance to the CEE region.
Activities and Benefits
- Mentees will be invited to attend the in-person Ratiu Forum Journalism Master Class run by John Lloyd of the Financial Times.
- Online one-on-one mentoring sessions with highly accomplished regional and international journalists.
- Webinars focusing on skills development – e.g. identifying topics (scoops), researching, investigating, and pitching – and current-affairs issues.
- Participants will receive a certificate upon completing the programme.
- Selected work produced within the programme will be published on the Ratiu Forum blog.
- One of the mentees will also be selected to attend the 2024 News Associates Summer School in London, UK.
- The programme will run from January to July 2024.
- The project is addressed to early career journalists from Romania and Moldova – journalism students or young professionals with up to three years of journalism experience.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of English.
The Ratiu Forum considers the following criteria when assessing applications:Proven knowledge of and interest in current affairs, particularly in relation to the CEE region.
- Interest in understanding and documenting the world and also in developing both professionally and personally.
- Commitment to fully engage in the Programme and to make the most of the mentors’ knowledge and expertise.
Learn more and apply here.