- The ExcEl Award 2021 is open to local journalists in all Southeast Asian Countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Timor Leste, Thailand, and Vietnam. Entries in languages other than English (any languages or dialects in the Southeast Asian region) should be accompanied with English translations.
- Journalists from various platforms like; text (magazine, newspaper, tabloid, printed bulletin), audio (broadcast, streaming, podcast), video (television, online video), and multimedia (published on one more than medium) can submit their works.
- Funding amount: Not available
- Type of funding: Awards and Prizes
- Target countries: Southeast Asia
- Application languages: English
The ExcEl Award, a journalism award for Southeast Asia is back this year after having found the best works in journalism two years ago. This year amid the pandemic Covid-19, the competition keeps going to give honour to reports on elections (during electoral processes) in the region aimed at promoting fair, safe, and professional media election coverages.
The coverages ranging from features to investigative stories that do not only raise public awareness and understanding of critical issues but also enhance and broaden public discourse that in turn contributes to achieving aspirations for genuine and meaningful democracy.
This year the award will be given to the best in four categories:
- Best Feature Story
- Best Investigative Story
- Best Data-driven Story
- Best Commentary
Click here for more information