- Training & education
Organisation: University of the Philippines
– Between 20-45 years old;
– Early-career to mid-career journalists working in any journalistic medium (online, print, multimedia)
– Currently residing or working in the Philippines;
– Available to fully and actively participate in an in-person 5-day training in the UP MSI Bolinao Marine Laboratory in Bolinao, Pangasinan;
– Able to create one (1) article by the end of the training, which should be pitched and published to their own media outlet and the UP MSI and AYEJ websites.
- Type of Funding: Programmatic
- Target Country: Philippines
- Application Language: English
The University of the Philippines Marine Science Institute is seeking applications for Blue Beat Initiative: Short Course on Marine Science Communication, free five-day in-person media training and capacity-building workshop on science and environmental journalism that will equip early to mid-career journalists with the added expertise, skills, and resources to effectively develop and report stories on science and the marine environment and popularize scientific findings for development.
Fifteen (15) journalists from each of the three island regions will undergo an intensive workshop that is designed to enhance skill sets in effective science communication through a specialized training module that endeavors to weave together the science aspects of environmental protection while putting on a premium the power of journalism in the context of the Philippines.
See here to learn more and to apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.