BBC Media Action is looking for a Project Manager who will work for the Eastern Europe and Central Asia projects team, work with key internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement a project/projects to agreed objectives and outcomes.
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity, which uses media and communications to tackle poverty and contribute to long-term change in some of the world’s poorest places. They do it by partnering with civil society, media and others to produce creative programmes and other outputs which inform and engage audiences on key governance, health and resilience development issues. BBC Media Action also strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
- Ensures project delivery is on time and on budget, are legally and financially compliant and in line with the BBC’s editorial standards and approaches;
- Plays a leading role in the delivery of Lifeline work to media partners and humanitarian actors in Eastern Europe;
- Liaises with donors and drafts reports to donors; manages key partner relationships; conducts and documents due diligence on relevant partners;
- Sub-contracts consultants as required for delivery of the project;
- Contributes to the articulation of a project’s theory of change and ensures that key research findings are fed into project design and delivery;
- Contributes to business development, including proactively identifying and contributing new ideas, opportunities and partnerships which fit within the portfolio;
- Complies with and ensures project compliance with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding policy, whistleblowing policy, and staff code of conduct.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of managing projects to successful outcomes, including knowledge and experience of the project management cycle.
- Knowledge of the media development sector and relevance of both linear broadcast and digital media in supporting vulnerable audiences;
- Understanding of international development contexts;
- Experience in supporting capacity-strengthening activities and development processes for local media partners;
- Knowledge of current trends relating to information disorder and good practice that can strengthen digital media literacy;
- Good understanding of the different risks faced by the BBC when working in the context of Eastern Europe, as well as how to manage these risks effectively;
- Experience of developing project proposals and reporting to donors.
- Experience preparing, monitoring and managing budgets;
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write well in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in forming effective relationships with a range of local and international partners;
- Ability to work remotely, including using online platforms such as Teams and Zoom to collaborate effectively;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of working with/in one or more country in Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- Working knowledge of one or more languages relevant to our current project portfolio (Ukrainian, Georgian, Armenian, Russian, Moldovan).
- Experience at developing and articulating theories of change;
- Experience identifying and engaging with potential donors, and of successfully winning new business;
- Strong technical understanding of media development and/or communications for behaviour and social change.
The deadline for applications is on 14 November 2022
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: BBC Media Action
Location: London, United Kingdom