BBC Media Action are looking for a highly motivated, imaginative, and experienced digital learning designer to create engaging and interactive online courses in English, Arabic and French using Articulate RISE and GOMO. Reporting to the Senior Digital Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality online courses according to finalised storyboards, scripts and any visual assets provided.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in learning design
- Experience in designing within branding guidelines and technical specs;
- Prior course design experience using the Articulate suite of products, primarily Articulate RISE, GOMO, Articulate 360 and Articulate Review 360;
- Experience using e-Learning authoring tools and content development tools;
- Exposure to and knowledge of learning management system – Moodle;
- Understanding of SCORM applicants and making changes on SCORM package files;
- Strong experience in graphic design and video editing;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines;
- An appetite for emerging innovations in design, media, digital education and gaming;
- A portfolio demonstrating your experience.
- Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of Conduct
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at Work
- Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy
- Strong understanding of and commitment to BBC editorial values
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Design online courses using Articulate and RISE in Arabic and French according to provided brand guideline and storyboards;
- Create engaging videos, infographics and graphic assets;
- Design and develop engaging activities including embedding videos/audios, quizzes, flashcards, games, just-in-time training, drag and drop activities;
- Work closely with the translators and the project team ensuring that online courses are translated and designed correctly in various languages;
- Work closely with other learning designers, graphic and motion designers;
- Video and image editing, if necessary;
- Export the courses into SCORM format for web and LMS use;
- Conduct usability testing to ensuring that the courses are working responsively;
- Test the courses on multiple devices including mobiles, laptops and tablets;
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all course production;
- Work closely with Senior Digital Product Designer to ensure deadlines and project expectations met.
Read more information here.