Organisation: Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN)
This is a full time position with the nonprofit Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN). Applicants must have a solid understanding of investigative and data journalism, and strong skills in managing social media.
This position is aimed at strengthening and building networks and organizations of investigative journalists in the Bangla-speaking world. This position reports to the global team manager.
Applicants must have a solid understanding of investigative and data journalism, as well as experience and skill with social media. GIJN is a distributed nonprofit, and this is a remote position.
GIJN is staffed by an extraordinary multicultural team based in 25 countries. You’ll work in a collaborative network that is having an impact every day on the front lines of journalism.
- Research, aggregate, and post in Bangla the best available content on tools, methods, data sets, opportunities, and innovative practices in investigative and data journalism for GIJN Bangla social media;
- Create and execute engagement strategies and campaigns to improve and strengthen the GIJN Bangla virtual community;
- Facilitate and moderate discussions among followers on social media;
- Produce and translate Bangla-language stories for GIJN’s Resource Center; edit, manage, layout, and review content and translations in Bangla;
- Produce a Bangla newsletter;
- Provide social media items from the region to GIJN’s other editors;
- Answer requests for information or assistance;
- Monitor website and social media traffic, and develop strategies for maintaining and expanding GIJN’s network across the Bangla-speaking world;
- Serve as a representative for GIJN at journalism workshops, events, and conferences;
- As time allows, assist with various GIJN tasks such as conference preparation and training workshops.
- Applicants should have at least five years of demonstrated work, either employed or freelance, for a newsroom or journalism-related organization;
- Excellent Bangla writing and editing skills with fluent command of English;
- Strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented personality;
- The ability to work remotely and comfortably in a global, virtual, highly diverse cross-cultural team;
- Self-motivated with good communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines;
- Work experience in social media;
- Knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp, and Canva is a plus;
- Understanding of investigative and data journalism.
Location: Bangladesh is preferred, but also open to candidates anywhere in the world who speak and write in Bangla. GIJN is a virtual nonprofit. You’ll need good, dependable broadband.