Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Program Officer who, under the supervision of the Programs Manager Asia, will provide strategic support for regional projects in Asia, including project management, donor reporting, proposal development and communications. This includes responsibilities for liaising with and monitoring partners working in the field of journalism and community mobilization, handling administrative and logistical tasks, support other programmatic activities, business development and additional responsibilities as needed by the Internews team. Regular trips within the Southeast Asia region will be required.
- Lead the oversight and implementation of project activities including monitoring work plans and activity schedules, and support communications with partners and funders.
- Lead donor and internal reporting efforts.
- Manage requests for information from other departments within Internews and from external partners.
- Carrying out programmatic, administrative, logistical and book-keeping duties including:
- Work with Grants & Contracts and other staff to administer small grants and stipends
- Work with Human Resources and Finance Manager to administer Personal Service Contracts
- Coordinate travel logistics and arrangements, assist with visa applications, and arrange accommodations for meetings and events
- Maintain project documents and files including financial tracking and progress towards project deliverables
- Provide project field staff with support in areas such as research, correspondence, contract and procurement as requested
- Manage, review, submit and monitor payment requests
- Assist in preparation of proposals/reports/budgets; write, edit, proof, revise and assemble finished materials and maintain calendar of due dates.
- Format and publish content on Internews’ website as well as social media channels and newsletters.
- Assist with assessments, surveys, events and other project deliverables as needed.
- Represent Internews at conferences and events when needed, with funders and with policy experts
- Carry out research in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Programs Manager Asia.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Minimum 4 years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit organizations – experience in a non-profit media development organization a significant plus
- Financial and administrative experience, including project deliverables and timelines, deadlines, budget analysis and preparation
- Relevant university degree required.
- Fluency in English communication skills: speaking , writing and listening; and fluency in one or more Southeast Asian country languages is required.
- Experience living or working in the Asia Pacific region essential; Willingness to travel within the Asia Pacific region
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple assignments and time effectively
- Grant proposal writing experience, and proven text-editing proficiency
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Proficient in MS Office
Internews has field offices in Southeast Asia. Ultimately, this role will be based in Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia Cambodia, or Thailand. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited term position with an anticipated end date in July 2023.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network