« Back to all Careers
In collaboration with the Project manager of a specific project, the Gender consultant will contribute to all aspects of a project.
The primary task of the Gender consultant will be to ensure the strategic direction of activities, coordinate the operational activities and monitor outputs in this area.
- Moderate and lead gender trainings: webinars, long term and one-to-one; in collaboration with the trainers and project manager.
- Conduct a training needs assessment of the targeted audience: the Arab journalistic community.
- Advice project manager and team on programming and project messaging, with the aim of reflecting the vision of the project.
- Review project documents to ensure proper use of gender sensitive language.
- Help the project team in producing a template for bimonthly gender briefs.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ARIJ’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the project.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly and without favoritism.
- Knowledge and expertise in gender mainstreaming practices.
- The candidate should have significant experience in providing practical advice to policy makers and civil society, and the donor community; and know how to contribute to building capacity for journalists.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to foster networks and partnerships, and good working knowledge of information and computer technology.
- Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner.
- Demonstrates strong intellectual and operational capacity in providing and coordinating advisory services to stakeholders and partners,
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities. Demonstrated ability to multitask under pressure and to meet strict deadlines often under hardship conditions.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Gender Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Social Welfare, Development Studies or a related field, with a focus on International Development, Gender or Human Rights
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Gender and Education and/or Training.
- Diversified and progressively responsible professional experience in Gender and Human Rights or International Development, specifically related to the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Fluency in written and spoken of English and Arabic
Please, find more here.
For more latest career opportunities, subscribe to our LinkedIn newsletter MediaDev Insider