- Eligibility Criteria:
– Grants are open to all journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers; staff journalists as well as freelancers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela
- Application language: English, Portuguese, and Spanish
The Pulitzer Center will fund costs associated with reporting projects on tropical rainforests, with an emphasis on issues that have gone unreported or under-reported in the local and regional media. The amount of individual travel grants will depend on the specific project and detailed budget planning. Most awards fall in the range of $2,500 to $7,500 but depending on project specifics may be higher.
The supported international journalism projects will focus on the following themes:
- Tropical forests’ role in the overall climate equation and weather patterns globally, regionally and locally, and the consequences for human life and living conditions caused by deforestation
- Deforestation drivers
- Solutions to halt deforestation
See here to learn more and apply.
- Reporting grants
Organisation: Pulitzer Center