- Eligibility criteria:
– For organizations:The organization must be African and led by a woman; have been in operation for more than one year; be used to working with African storytellers and content creators; The proposed project should focus on multiplying narratives and stories that reflect a more diverse and vibrant continent;
African organizations in the Diaspora can also apply.
– For individual: be an African woman; Have created content and stories that reflect a more diverse and vibrant continent for over a year; The proposed project should focus on multiplying narratives and stories that reflect a more diverse and vibrant continent; African women in the diaspora can apply.
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: African continent.
- Application language: English, French.
The Africa No Filter is seeking applications for its Africa No Filter Fellowship for African media professionals who work to offer alternative discourses on Africa to develop an ecosystem of discourse changemakers by supporting storytellers, investing in media platforms, and conducting disruptive campaigns.
Through the interventions, they believe there will be more African storytellers and content creators who are:
- Savvy to gain access to data-driven information, research, and knowledge about impactful narratives and existing narratives across the continent.
- Trained, armed with the necessary tools, and competent.
- Benefit from good networks, so they can collaborate across borders, genres, and media.
- Connected to markets in order to be able to build sustainable business models.
- Supported, amplified, and framed.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: Africa No Filter