Organisation: ACOS Alliance
The ACOS Alliance is seeking a talented Program Manager to join its small, passionate and ambitious team committed to improving safety culture and practice within global journalism.
Guided by the Executive Director, the Program Manager will develop and implement ACOS’ global program of activities, including safety training courses, workshops, online projects and resources that help newsrooms and journalists embed a culture of safety within their working practices and meet the basic standards outlined in the Freelance Journalist Safety Principles. This key role involves liaising with a large and diverse network of international stakeholders, from media organizations and NGOs to individual journalists and safety experts to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
This is a highly rewarding role with the opportunity to develop new projects and partnerships in addition to managing a range of established, ongoing activities. The successful candidate will join a small and supportive team during an exciting period of organizational growth and development. We offer a friendly, flexible work environment in terms of hours and location, with opportunities for travel, training and development. In return, we are looking for someone who can manage their own time and their projects effectively, has excellent communication skills, thrives in a busy environment, and is proactive, creative and analytical in their approach. The position reports to the Executive Director and also works closely with the Head of Communications.
- Develop, implement and manage program projects and activities ensuring they meet delivery schedules and adhere to program and organizational objectives
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to facilitate communication among project teams and within the ACOS Alliance
- Work with Executive Director and stakeholders to to identify risks and opportunities across work and activities
- Contribute to program strategy to create annual work plan that meets the vision, goals and objectives of the ACOS Alliance and is aligned with funding
- Develop and administer program databases, administer individual projects and activities budgets and produce expenditure reports
- In collaboration with stakeholders, write project calls and applications, review applications and shortlist and selected participants)
- Work with partners to develop and create multilingual safety resources ensuring deadlines and objectives are achieved
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of projects and develop questionnaires, surveys and feedback to track their quality and impact in collaboration with the Head of Communications
- Work with the Head of Communications to identify case studies and impact stories from ACOS activities and projects
- Develop and administer program databases Administer individual projects and activities budgets and produce expenditure reports
- Assist in the planning and delivery of the ACOS Alliance Annual Safety Coordination meeting, providing input on the agenda, identifying potential participants and preparing presentations
- Represent ACOS at relevant meetings, conferences and events as required
- Support fundraising efforts, providing input on applications and reporting
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter (maximum 2 pages), resume and contact information for at least two references to email@example.com. Please use “Program Manager” and your name as the subject of your email (for example, “Program Manager – Cara Smith”). Only completed applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ACOS Alliance is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Please note this is a remote position with international travel required several times a year.
Deadline for applications: Monday 22 January, 2024
For more information click here.