- Eligibility criteria:
– The Fellowship accepts applications from journalists in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation. Fellows are assigned for the term of the Fellowship to one of those language services.
– The Fellowship also features workshops on journalistic practices and tools; discussions with government officials, civic leaders, and regional analysts; visits to local media and news agencies in Prague; and professional development opportunities in the Czech Republic and abroad.
– Fellows will be expected to represent themselves and the Fellowship in English in public events and discussions relating to media freedom in their country.
– Fellows are assigned for the term of the Fellowship to one of those language services.
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation
- Application language: English
Applications are currently being accepted for the Václav Havel Journalism Fellowship to support aspiring journalists from countries lacking media freedom and independence to pursue their profession in support of pluralism. The Fellowship is a joint initiative of RFE/RL and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, and aims to strengthen media independence in Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation. It is generously supported by the Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation VIZE97.
The program will help prepare the selected Fellows to be standard-bearers of their profession and leaders in their communities, on-line, on air, and in the world.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: Radio FreeEurope/ Radio Liberty