BIRN ALBANIA OPENS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM ON JUSTICE SYSTEM
- All journalists in Albania, employed by other media or in the free profession, have the right to apply.
- Funding amount: Up to €1,200
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Albania
- Application languages: English
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network in Albania has launched a call for investigative stories offering grants for three journalists to produce articles on topics related to the justice sector.
The call is part of the project “Using Big Data and Multimedia to Boost Quality and Independent Journalism in Albania” supported by the European Union.
The goal of this project is to create an enabling environment for Albanian journalists to produce independent content through training, mentoring, technical and financial support, and close cooperation with civil society, so improving freedom of expression and strengthening media pluralism in Albania.
Priority will be placed on the selection of proposals which include one of the topics below, priority during a roundtable organized online between journalists and representatives of civil society during the month of May:
- Anti-corruption force of new justice institutions;
- High workload of judges and prosecutors due to vacancies created by vetting;
- Corruption and abuse of office in the ranks of new justice institutions;
- Corruption of prosecutors and judges who have not undergone the vetting process;
- Lack of transparency of new justice institutions;
- Restrictions on constitutional rights and human freedoms during the COVID-19 pandemic ;
- Violation of the right to information during Covid-19 ;
- Violation of the employment rights of journalists and media workers ;
- Investigation of electoral crimes in the April 25 parliamentary elections by the judiciary.
Learn more and apply here