CALL FOR PROPOSALS TO SUPPORT EUROPEAN CROSS – BORDER INVESTIGATIONS
- Journalists living in Council of Europe member states are eligible to apply
- This grant is inclusive for all Europeans and not just those who live in the European Union
- Funding amount: $100,000 to $500,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: Any language of the EU
The Journalism.eu is seeking applications for its European Cross Border Fund to support professional journalists who have good ideas for cross-border investigations and for research on European topics. The stories must be relevant to European target groups.
The project should be one that, in principle, could not be realized in this format within the remit of regular journalism, and is at the same time original, innovative and intensive. Projects can include cross-border research, networking between colleagues, and established and innovative investigative methods.
Journalismfund.eu supports costs related to journalistic research for all media. This can include travel, translation, and access to pay-databases or simply time to research. They do not support fixed costs such as office costs, investments such as cameras or computers or production costs.
Learn more and apply here.