CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE lSU ELIHLE AWARDS 2021 – AFRICA
- The Competition is open to professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa.
- No entry fee is payable.
- Employees and the immediate families of Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The Competition is held in English. Therefore all entries and story ideas should be in English.
- Applicants are strictly limited to a maximum of one entry; however, each media house can have as many applicants as it wishes.
- Late, incomplete, illegible and/or fraudulent entries will be disqualified.
- MMA reserves the right to refuse entries that do not comply with the above rules. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- A panel of distinguished, independent judges with appropriate knowledge and experience of children and the media will judge the competition. The panel of judges will be determined by MMA at their sole discretion. Children will also be part of the judging panel
- No handwritten applications will be accepted. All applications must be completed online using the online form.
- The judges reserve the right to transfer entries for consideration in other categories at their discretion, for instance the Isu Elihle Mandy Rossouw Accountability Category.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Funding amount: ZAR 1000 to ZAR 10,000
- Type of funding: Prizes and Awards
- Target countries: Africa
- Application languages: English
Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) is excited to officially open the nominations for the 2021 lsu Elihle Awards.
The awards seek to contribute to a change in attitudes and behaviours of opinion and decision-makers and citizens across the country and continent from the premise that the media frames debates in society and carries enormous influence and, therefore, ability to drive positive change. This year marks five years since these Awards were launched.
Learn more and apply here.