RADIO FREE EUROPE : VACLAV HAVEL JOURNALISM FELLOWSHIP
- The Fellowship accepts applications from journalists in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation. Fellows are assigned for the term of the Fellowship to one of those language services.
- Eligible applicants will be from an Eastern Partnership country or the Russian Federation; have a minimum of two years’ experience working as a journalist in their native language; be committed to working as a journalist in, or for audiences in, their home country; share RFE/RL’s mission; and be proficient in English.
- Applicants for a Fellowship position with Current Time must demonstrate native-level fluency in Russian, strong writing skills, and some TV and digital experience. They must indicate their wish to be assigned to Current Time in their application materials.
- Applicants will have a minimum of two years’ experience working as a journalist
- Funding amount: Not available
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: Eastern Partnership countries or the Russian Federation
- Application language: English
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2022 Václav Havel Journalism Fellowship. The purpose of the Fellowship is to support aspiring journalists from countries lacking media freedom and independence to pursue their profession in support of pluralism. It is inspired by former Czech President Václav Havel’s belief in the transformational role of journalism in challenging tyranny and oppression.
The Fellowship provides mentoring and support for outstanding journalists dedicated to promoting human rights and democracy in their target regions.
See here to learn more and apply.