RADIO FREE EUROPE: APPLY FOR JIRI DIENSTBIER JOURNALISM FELLOWSHIP
- Fellows will be expected to represent themselves and the Fellowship, in English, in public events and discussions relating to media freedom in their country.
- Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Eligible applicants will be from one of the five target countries (see below in “Target Countries”); have a minimum of two years’ experience working as a journalist in their native language; be committed to working as a journalist in, or for audiences in, their home country; share RFE/RL´s mission; and be proficient in English.
- Funding amount: Not Available
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: Bosnia, Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
- Application languages: English
Fellows are selected as a result of a highly competitive process. They are placed with an appropriate language service at RFE/RL’s Prague headquarters to receive on-the-job training and mentoring, while working alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals. Programs equip Fellows with cutting-edge journalistic skills, and involve them in the daily editorial debates and discussions that inform a professional and independent press so that they may become standard-bearers of the profession and leaders in their communities, on-line, on air, and in the world.
The Jiri Dienstbier Journalism Fellowship is available to aspiring, independent journalists in the western Balkans. The Fellowship also features workshops on journalistic practices and tools, discussions with government officials, civic leaders and regional analysts; visits to local media and news agencies in Prague; and professional development opportunities in the Czech Republic and elsewhere.
The main components of the program are:
- Professional mentoring alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals.
- Training and development of journalistic skills on traditional, multi-media, and digital platforms.
- Participation in the daily editorial discussions that inform a professional and independent press.
- Independent work on a personal project.
- Understanding of the mission and practice of professional, free, and independent media.
See here to learn more and apply.