CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE MCGRAW FELLOWSHIP ON BUSINESS JOURNALISM
- The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism. Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization or journalism non-profit, may apply.
- They will consider proposals with a strong U.S. angle from both foreign and American journalists, as long as the work is published in English in a U.S.-based media outlet.
- The Fellowship is open only to journalists with at least five years of work experience in journalism. A veteran journalist who has returned to school could apply, however.
- Funding amount: Up to $15,000 for each project
- Type of funding: Fellowships
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: English
Are you a journalist with a great idea for a story that “Follows the Money,” but no funds to get it done? If yes, then The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism would like to hear from you.
The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center for Business Journalism, an initiative of the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York, began offering reporting fellowships in the summer of 2014.
The McGraw Fellowship provides editorial and financial support to journalists who need the time and resources to produce a significant investigative or enterprise story that provides fresh insight into an important business, financial or economic topic. They accept applications for in-depth text, video or audio pieces, and they encourage proposals that take advantage of more than one storytelling form to create a multimedia package. This is not a residency Fellowship, however (even outside of the current pandemic). All Fellows work from their own offices.
The Fellowship provides a grant of up to $15,000 for each project. The exact amount will depend on the time it takes to complete the project and the expenses needed; freelance journalists may also use some of the funding as a stipend for living expenses during the Fellowship.
Learn more and apply