CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE JOYCE FOUNDATION’S 2021 GRANTS PROGRAM IN UNITED STATES
- Joyce focuses its grant making in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin, and partners with funders to explore promising policy solutions in other states or at the federal level.
- Funding amount: More than $1 million
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: United States
- Application languages: English
- Culture: The Foundation is excited to have a new Culture program director, Mia Khimm. She is developing a new strategy for the program, which they expect to unveil in the summer of 2021.
- Democracy: Democracy Program promotes an informed, engaged, representative and more equitable democracy acting in the public interest, in which all citizens have a stake. They focus on strategies in three areas: Voting rights and fair elections, fair representation and redistricting reform, and census data accuracy.
- Education & Economic Mobility: Education & Economic Mobility Program works to ensure equitable access to high-quality education and jobs for the region’s next generation, especially young people of color and those from marginalized communities.
- Environment: Environment Program supports science-based policy to address three critical long-term challenges facing the next generation in the Great Lakes region. t
- Gun Violence Prevention & Justice Reform: Gun Violence Prevention & Justice Reform Program promotes safe and just communities through support for research, education, advocacy, and engagement.
- Journalism: Journalism Program seeks to deepen the impact of Foundation investments in policy, by supporting journalism that shines a light on conditions the hope to change, policies they endorse, and success stories that present solutions to problems. They aim to help strengthen investigative, public-affairs journalism and to support local, state or national media – primarily nonprofit – covering issues related to Joyce program areas in the Great Lakes region.
Learn more and apply here.