CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: FELLOWSHIPS FOR COVERING MATERNAL HEALTH IN NIGERIA
Journalists who meet the following two criteria:
- They are seeking to fund strong, high-impact story proposals, involving one or more writers, that will focus on how a maternal health-related issue is affecting marginalized communities.
- This opportunity is open to all journalists based in Nigeria.
- Funding amount: Not Available
- Type of funding: Fellowships
- Target countries: Nigeria
- Application languages: English
The Maternal Figures is seeking applications for its Solutions Journalism Fellowships Program to support journalists covering maternal health in Nigeria in a number of ways. This program is supported by the Brown Institute for Media Innovation and Code for Africa.
This programme is two streams: for journalists – it will provide a stipend to cover a maternal health story; for editors – it will provide a stipend to introduce solutions journalism to your newsroom and provide editorial support to your journalists to cover solutions stories.
Funds can be used to support travel, reporting costs, and/or the recipient’s time. Applicants will need to demonstrate that there is interest from at least one publication in commissioning their piece. They ask that selected recipients note in the piece if possible, or in their portfolio, that it was supported, in whole or part, by a Maternal Figures Solutions Journalism Fellowship.
Learn more and apply here