CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR MEDIA PROJECTS PROGRAM IN UNITED STATES
- Eligible applicants include U.S. nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, public and 501(c)(3) accredited institutions of higher education, state and local governmental agencies, and federally recognized Native American tribal governments.
- Individuals, foreign and for-profit entities are not eligible to apply.
- Funding amount: $500,000 to $1 million
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: United States
- Application languages: English
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Division of Public Programs is accepting applications for the Media Projects program.
The Media Projects program supports the development, production, and distribution of radio, podcast, long-form documentary films, and documentary film series that engage general audiences with humanities ideas in creative and appealing ways. Projects must be grounded in humanities scholarship and demonstrate an approach that is thoughtful, balanced, and analytical; proposals must demonstrate the potential to attract a broad general audience.
The Division of Public Programs encourages media projects that promote a deeper understanding of American history and culture and advance civic education, as well as those that examine international themes and subjects in the humanities.
You may request up to $75,000 for Development projects and up to $700,000 for Production projects.
NEH expects to have approximately $3,500,000 to fund an estimated 12-15 recipients.
The period of performance is six to twelve months for Development projects and one to three years for Production projects. The earliest period of performance start date is May 1, 2022 and the latest is September 1, 2022.
Learn more and apply