CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR GOOGLE NEWS INITIATIVE JOURNALISM FELLOWSHIP IN EUROPE
- To be eligible you must be at least 18 years old and enrolled at or accepted to an accredited higher education institution or you have graduated in 2019/2020. You must be from or live in the same country as the newsroom of your choice.
- You are excited about journalism, especially data-driven journalism, emerging technologies, and/or new forms of storytelling.
- You think analytically and have a knack for research and writing.
- You are able to work quickly, intelligently, and resourcefully.
- You are motivated to work hard to develop your unique skills, experiences and talents and (help us help you) to make newsrooms more representative by reflecting on it’s blind spots whilst bringing in your perspective.
- Funding amount: Up to €5,000
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: Europe
- Application languages: English
Google News Initiative Fellowship is offering you a unique opportunity that can allow you to kick-start a career in the news industry. This fellowship also offers paid summer placements to journalism, technology, multimedia and design students as well as recent graduates who want to gain valuable work experience and build a professional network.
The European Journalism Centre is delivering the GNI Fellowship in the EU and the Google News Initiative is sponsoring the programme. Their mission is to develop the next generation of European journalists, technology and design experts to drive innovation across the news industry.They are looking for upcoming journalists, technology and design experts with diverse interests and talents to inform, engage and inspire audiences. They aim to help you innovate with paid mentorships and skill-building in our GNI Fellowship programme that helps newsrooms to work on fostering a representative media landscape.
Find out more and apply here.